Our goal is to ensure you are completely satisfied with your purchase. If you are not satisfied, you may return within 90 days of the invoice date unused or uninstalled item(s) from your online order to a Pep Boys Store or to our returns processing center, unless otherwise noted.
Returns to a Pep Boys Store*
Items purchased on the Web site that were shipped to you may be returned to any Pep Boys Store (click here to find a Pep Boys Store). The item being returned must be returned with the invoice that was included with the shipment. If you do not have your receipt, your return will be subject to the In-Store Return Policy.
If you paid a shipping charge and you decide you do not want the item or you purchased the item in error, the amount charged for shipping will not be refunded. If you paid a shipping charge and the item is defective or we made an error of some kind, the amount charged for shipping will be refunded.
Returns to the Pep Boys Returns Processing Center*
Click on the Order History link on the top right of any page on the Pep Boys Web site and follow the instructions from there.
Returns sent without the Return Form, which is the form with the Return Authorization Number (RMA) on it, will be delayed. Items returned that are shipped to any Pep Boys location other than our returns processing center will not be processed.
You are solely responsible for checking and following the shipping and packaging requirements of the carrier used to make the return, including returns for which the pre-paid shipping label is used.
If you paid a shipping charge and you decide you do not want the item or you purchased the item in error, the amount charged for shipping will not be refunded and the return shipping charge will be deducted from the amount of the refund or credit. If you paid a shipping charge and the item is defective or we made an error of some kind, the amount charged for shipping will be refunded and you will not be charged for the return shipping.
If item(s) being returned are not defective and have a total purchase price greater than $100.00, we recommend you insure the shipment (also known as declaring the value) for the purchase price of the item(s). We are unable to process returns of items damaged in transit back to us. Please note the cost of insurance is not refunded.
If the product is under warranty, if we make a material error in an item description or if we make a shipping error, and you contact us within 30 days after you receive the item, we will ship at our expense a replacement for the defective or incorrect item and refund the cost of the return shipping after we process the return. If a replacement is not available, we will issue a refund when we process the return.
Returns are processed in the order in which they are received. Once the return is received, Pep Boys typically processes returns in 3 - 5 business day(s). We will e-mail after the return has been processed. Please check with your card issuer on the timing of receipt of your refund.
*Things to Know about Items and Returns
- For packages or items that appear to have been damaged in shipment, please contact us within 3 days of receipt. If we are not contacted within 3 days, we may not be able to file a claim with the carrier in time and, therefore, may not be able to replace the damaged item(s).
- Items being returned must be in resalable condition, unless an item is defective, and in its original packaging (including everything that was included with the item, such as mounting hardware, instructions sheets, etc.).
- Items purchased online and picked up at a Store may only be returned to a Store. The returns processing center does not process returns of items purchased online and picked up at a Store.
- Liquid items cannot be returned to the Returns Processing Center and can only be returned to a Store. The Returns Processing Center is unable to process returns of liquid items.
- Cores, excluding batteries, that contain any fluid, such as power steering pumps, air conditioning compressors, etc., must be drained before they are returned. The Returns Processing Center and our Stores are unable to process returns of non-battery cores that have not been drained of fluid.
- Battery cores cannot be sent to the Returns Processing Center and can only be returned to a Store. The Returns Processing Center is unable to process returns of lead acid batteries. If it is not convenient for you to return a battery core to a Pep Boys store, please contact Customer Service for assistance with locating a recycling center where you can properly dispose of your battery core.
- Any item you purchased that did not qualify for free shipping does not qualify for flat-rate return shipping to the Returns Processing Center. If the flat-rate return shipping label is used, the actual cost of the return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
- Refund of State Sales Tax: In some states, sales tax is non-refundable without a receipt or after a state-specified time period. If your purchase was made in one of those states, the refund of any sales tax will be in accordance with applicable state law.
- In the event your items(s) do not qualify for a refund based on the terms of this Online Return Policy, we will notify you via e-mail and you must contact our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-PEP-BOYS (737-2697) to make arrangements to have the item(s) returned to you at your cost. If such arrangements are not made within 30 days from the date of the notice, we may dispose of the item(s) at our discretion.
For additional information on the Online Return Policy, click here to visit the Returns FAQ page.